Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Movies!

HowSerendipitous wrote:First Avenger is best Avenger.
Technically he isn't ninety years old. :? In the same way that the vampire in Twilight (don't remember his name) technically isn't a pedophile even though he's something like one or two hundred years old and he's dating a seventeen-year-old. :sick: :shifty:
Destruction is never precise, Creation is a thought, Time is an illusion, and Chaos and Order are one and the same.

Seryth Nortra wrote:
Technically he isn't ninety years old. :? In the same way that the vampire in Twilight (don't remember his name) technically isn't a pedophile even though he's something like one or two hundred years old and he's dating a seventeen-year-old. :sick: :shifty:
The age of consent in Washington state is 16, so he's not doing anything illegal.

However! Sparkly Vampire Man is born in 1901, making him 104 during the first book.

If we follow the standard rule of creepiness, it's only creepy if he's boning someone who's less than half his age plus seven. Ssssooo.... 104, divided by 2, that's 52, plus 7.... 59! Bella's 17.

Conclusion. Sparkly Vampire Man is a massive, massive creep.

:twisted:

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Seryth Nortra wrote:
Spoiler:      SHOW
The age of consent in Washington state is 16, so he's not doing anything illegal.

However! Sparkly Vampire Man is born in 1901, making him 104 during the first book.

If we follow the standard rule of creepiness, it's only creepy if he's boning someone who's less than half his age plus seven. Ssssooo.... 104, divided by 2, that's 52, plus 7.... 59! Bella's 17.

Conclusion. Sparkly Vampire Man is a massive, massive creep.

:twisted:
What's even worse is that teenage girls like those books. A lot. What kind of world do we live in? :monkey: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Destruction is never precise, Creation is a thought, Time is an illusion, and Chaos and Order are one and the same.

I just saw Atlantic Rim.

Ye gods, that was horrible. The script written by a 13 year old and the acting... should not be allowed to be called so.
I don't know how these people managed to keep a straight face.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Gazz wrote:I just saw Atlantic Rim.

Ye gods, that was horrible. The script written by a 13 year old and the acting... should not be allowed to be called so.
I don't know how these people managed to keep a straight face.
Just from the title alone, is it some sort of ripoff of Pacific Rim?
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

I've just watched Hitman Agent 47.

I do like a well attired assassin who knows about Italian clothing. :angel:

Edit: I also watched about fifteen minutes of Ant-Man before falling asleep. I'll give it another go at a future date but methinks it's never going to be in my top ten of Marvel films. :P

Online Now