Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Movies!

Flatlfingers, I saw Eraserhead about 30 years ago when I was living in Athens Ga. A very strange film indeed!
Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I have seen, it seem to me most strange, that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.

Just saw Europa Report.

While it is far from perfect either scientifically or in a narrative sense, it is an engaging film. It effectively conveys the risks inherent in space exploration along with loneliness and fear of the unknown.
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.

bartp wrote:I like "Truman show". Plus Jim Carrey who is a great actor. This film shows a life like in "Big Brother". Today, in life with technology we are still observed by another.
That's a great film!

I watched Wreck-It Ralph. Not what I expected, but no worse off for it! :twisted:

Dinosawer wrote:Guardians of the Galaxy on the other hand:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :clap: :clap:
Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty good - loved the interplay between the characters. :mrgreen:
DigitalDuck wrote:I've also started to hear a buzz about Predestination, so that's on order too. :mrgreen:
Continuing my theme, I finally got around to watching Predestination...

It's an enjoyable adaptation of Heinlein's All You Zombies, but (like the story) it suffers from the same problem many similar plots do:
Spoiler:      SHOW
A time agency preventing events using time travel must necessarily erase the reason for time travel. This is fine by itself (assuming a divergent universe theory of some kind), but then makes fixed-time events like someone becoming their own parent impossible.
Regardless, it wasn't bad by any means, and certainly interesting. But it's no Infinite Man. :mrgreen:

Looks like Project Almanac is next on the list...
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

My favorite? It would have to be the Hulk, but I don't think they've truly been able to do him justice yet (the standalone movies didn't either).
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now