Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Movies!

Silverware wrote: Honestly I found it needlessly gorey, and over the top.
Slice and dice tends to provide a fair helping of the gorey stuff in real life, Silver. I respect your opinion but disagree with you concerning your observation of the film being over the top in its depiction of such violence.

I'm rather partial to lots of blood especially when the script for the film is well written. :angel:

IronDuke wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:42 pm
Victor Tombs wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:15 am
I wasn't expecting so much action from an old man. :angel:
*cackles wildly*

He's a great role model for you, ain't he? :twisted:

*runs*

On a more serious note, I greatly enjoyed that movie as well.

And today I watched Mel Gibson's Hacksaw Ridge. Good stuff right there. :squirrel:

--IronDuke
:lol: I'll outlive him, IronDuke. ;)

I haven't watched Mel Gibson's Hacksaw Ridge. but I'm not really into "modern" war films. I did appreciate his work in/on The Passion of the Christ. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:41 pm
Silverware wrote: Honestly I found it needlessly gorey, and over the top.
Slice and dice tends to provide a fair helping of the gorey stuff in real life, Silver. I respect your opinion but disagree with you concerning your observation of the film being over the top in its depiction of such violence.

I'm rather partial to lots of blood especially when the script for the film is well written. :angel:
Oh I understand, but compared to the previous movies it's going from basically Disney violence straight to full on Game of Thrones. And the story didn't actually need the gore, it would have been fine with just the murder and the rest of the story.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

IronDuke wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:30 pm
Just finished The Lego Batman Movie. :squirrel:

It was an absolute blast, but somehow I think The Lego Movie was better. Not entirely sure why. :think:

--IronDuke
I think Lego Batman is great in small doses? Such as the trailers, they were awesome.. but in the big picture, where he has *all* of the screen, he just comes out like Ironman, but without the use of Pepper Potts to anchor him down?
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

So, yeah. I saw the movie "Valerian and the City of a thousand Planets" when I was on vacation after the other thing and...it's a pretty cool movie. Not the best I've seen, but good nonetheless. And the visuals are amazing. :D

Also, I like Cara Delevigne more and more. She's so cool. :lol:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:17 am
The new Spiderman is pretty damn good! :D
It is? I wasn't so sure about it...wait...that's the "The Avengers"-Spidey, right? The one with the sexy aunt. Hmm...okay, no. I think I'll give it a try. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Any thoughts on the Tomb Raider trailer? I love the game franchise reboot, and this appears to be a live-action translation of that.
I'm OK with the casting.
What I'm worried about based on the trailer is the overall quality of the script, special effects and stunts, and cinematography.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Online Now