Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Movies!

Just watched Interstellar as well, and enjoyed it very much. I don't think it will be a classic though - maybe as a film-maker Chris Nolan was at his best but I'm not sure he was as a storyteller.

That being said I would really recommend this, as if anyone going to see it would need any sort of recommendation :P

interstellar is full of visual candy. i enjoyed the wormhole sequence and interstellar power-pack bits.
great entertainment value, but i wouldn't call it a classic. more of a blockbuster, too wide of an audience, no boundaries were pushed..

just to be clear, anyone reading this forum should be seeing this movie.

Disagree with the blockbuster thing actually - I think it was extremely ambitious, pushed *some* boundaries, and was a visual and audio masterpiece. Not my favourite Nolan film (Prestige still takes that cake for me), but it's up there. Sense of scale was awesome. ...but I do agree it isn't a classic. It's got plenty of the homage in it to classic films though!
I saw it a second time tonight and enjoyed it more.

Scytale wrote:Disagree with the blockbuster thing actually - I think it was extremely ambitious, pushed *some* boundaries, and was a visual and audio masterpiece. Not my favourite Nolan film (Prestige still takes that cake for me), but it's up there. Sense of scale was awesome. ...but I do agree it isn't a classic. It's got plenty of the homage in it to classic films though!
I saw it a second time tonight and enjoyed it more.
I liked it but it wasn't as innovative as it could have been - I called all the twists way in advance.
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Haron wrote:Just found a new trailer of Terminator Genisys on the Ars Technica. Looks very promising!
I am surprisingly intrigued by this.

Of course, I'm one of those that actually liked Terminator 3, but mostly to see how they tied the before judgement day and after judgement day together. For example, they used the same set in T1, T2, and then in T3. It was little things like that attention to detail that really made me like it. Everything else though... :crazy:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now