Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Movies!

Not a huge fan of Ben Stiller.

Regardless, I do like some of his work. Flirting with Disaster is quite good while Tropic Thunder is a guilty pleasure.

As a footnote to Tropic Thunder, who knew Tom Cruise could act in anything but Tom Cruise hero mode?
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.

Tom wrote:Not a huge fan of Ben Stiller.
Me neither, thus my surprise.

Zoolander (guilty pleasure), Tropic Thunder (guilty pleasure as well), and Night at the Museum are pretty much all I know him for.

Imdb informs me that Walter Mitty was a remake that took awhile to come together.. maybe that's why it is such a contrast (actually having respectable substance) to the above?
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Tom wrote:As a footnote to Tropic Thunder, who knew Tom Cruise could act in anything but Tom Cruise hero mode?
Har! I was sitting in the cinema, then as the credits rolled I had a revelation!

'Um. Is that Tom Cruise?'

:roll:
Les Grossman

dancing.

Is this what they mean by method acting?
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.

Tom wrote:Not a huge fan of Ben Stiller.

Regardless, I do like some of his work. Flirting with Disaster is quite good while Tropic Thunder is a guilty pleasure.

As a footnote to Tropic Thunder, who knew Tom Cruise could act in anything but Tom Cruise hero mode?
Ben Stiller has some really good ones where he is the director and/or writer, but he has a very distinct type of humor that usually doesn't fit much else. He reminds me a LOT of Andy Kaufman in terms of humor style. For example, the extras section from Tropic Thunder has both Ben Stiller and Robert Downey Jr in one of their scenes going back and forth many times over. Not many people can actually appreciate the intensity that both actors portrayed and their acting chops. Most people write that extra off as silly, but in reality, it is incredibly intense and amazing.

And I wholeheartedly agree about the footnote with Tom Cruise. That was amazing in many regards, I don't usually care for the guy.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now