Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Hardware

I enjoyed that one liner, Flat. Thank you! :D

I've just got word that it's out for delivery so I'm hoping to enjoy playing with my new toy within hours. I will most definitely share my experience of using the monitor with the Community. There are some very technical reviews out there on the internet but this will be a personal opinion. :angel:

I'm just hoping it's not DOA. I don't have a lot of faith in couriers nowadays.

Flatfingers wrote:"You see those products from Dell? They've got curved monitors. Curved. Monitors."

;)

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it once you've got Skyrim (etc.) appearing on it!
I welcome the day someone googles this thread and find this comment so incredibly quaint.

To the person who does read this in 10 years time. I hate you and your amazing technology, but at least I know what privacy is 8-)
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer

Dozens of driver re-installs, reboots, a windows re-install, and hours of hardware fiddling later, I and my older brother have decided this card is definitely broken; even more so than the first, since the first could actually run things.
Time to RMA a second time. :evil: EVGA's quality control stinks.
A vague notion, disturbingly appealing, is floating around in my head, saying I should just sell the computer's parts and work at McDonald's for the rest of my life. Fairly peaceful.

--IronDuke
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

<grins> Mine's a quarter-pounder with cheese - and you were cleaning-out the old gfx drivers thoroughly, yes?
We pray for one last landing
On the globe that gave us birth
Let us rest our eyes on the fleecy skies
And the cool, green hills of Earth

Cody wrote:<grins> Mine's a quarter-pounder with cheese - and you were cleaning-out the old gfx drivers thoroughly, yes?
Heck yeah. I did say I re-installed Windows, didn't I? And it still didn't work after that...
Every time I installed drivers, I first un-installed them with device manager.
Spoiler:      SHOW
I have fries with mine though... :angel:
--IronDuke
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

IronDuke wrote:I did say I re-installed Windows, didn't I?
Aye, you did... but I missed it. Only excuse: it was late here in England. Now... where's that cheeseburger?
We pray for one last landing
On the globe that gave us birth
Let us rest our eyes on the fleecy skies
And the cool, green hills of Earth

Online Now