Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Hardware

I enjoyed that one liner, Flat. Thank you! :D

I've just got word that it's out for delivery so I'm hoping to enjoy playing with my new toy within hours. I will most definitely share my experience of using the monitor with the Community. There are some very technical reviews out there on the internet but this will be a personal opinion. :angel:

I'm just hoping it's not DOA. I don't have a lot of faith in couriers nowadays.

Flatfingers wrote:"You see those products from Dell? They've got curved monitors. Curved. Monitors."

;)

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it once you've got Skyrim (etc.) appearing on it!
I welcome the day someone googles this thread and find this comment so incredibly quaint.

To the person who does read this in 10 years time. I hate you and your amazing technology, but at least I know what privacy is 8-)
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Dozens of driver re-installs, reboots, a windows re-install, and hours of hardware fiddling later, I and my older brother have decided this card is definitely broken; even more so than the first, since the first could actually run things.
Time to RMA a second time. :evil: EVGA's quality control stinks.
A vague notion, disturbingly appealing, is floating around in my head, saying I should just sell the computer's parts and work at McDonald's for the rest of my life. Fairly peaceful.

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Cody wrote:<grins> Mine's a quarter-pounder with cheese - and you were cleaning-out the old gfx drivers thoroughly, yes?
Heck yeah. I did say I re-installed Windows, didn't I? And it still didn't work after that...
Every time I installed drivers, I first un-installed them with device manager.
Spoiler:      SHOW
I have fries with mine though... :angel:
--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Online Now