Official "Hi, I'm New" thread

Just what it sounds like.

Re: Official "Hi, I'm New" thread

Postby Talvieno » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:56 am

:lol: That's quite the sense of humor you have there. Glad to have you with us, Jan! I'm sure you'll find you fit right in with the rest of us technically-minded geeks. :D Most of us don't work with robots, though, just code. so we lack that extra layer of cool. Skyfligher works with robots on occasion, but I think it's more of a hobby. :)

And, yes, that was very fabulous indeed. :D
Image
Have a question? Send me a PM!
User avatar
Talvieno
Community Manager
 
Posts: 8177
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 pm
Location: North GA, USA

Re: Official "Hi, I'm New" thread

Postby JanB1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Talvieno wrote::lol: That's quite the sense of humor you have there. Glad to have you with us, Jan! I'm sure you'll find you fit right in with the rest of us technically-minded geeks. :D Most of us don't work with robots, though, just code. so we lack that extra layer of cool. Skyfligher works with robots on occasion, but I think it's more of a hobby. :)

And, yes, that was very fabulous indeed. :D


Glad you like my humour. It's not much, it's a little bit sick, but it's 100% mine.

Yeah, as I said: I you want to know anything more about it, hit me up.
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Official "Hi, I'm New" thread

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:54 pm

oh god PLC programming.
i didnt do that in like half a decade or so.
how time flies.

hey JanB1 :D
User avatar
Cornflakes_91
Admiral
 
Posts: 9170
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:53 am
Location: Austria

Re: Official "Hi, I'm New" thread

Postby JanB1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Cornflakes_91 wrote:oh god PLC programming.
i didnt do that in like half a decade or so.
how time flies.

hey JanB1 :D


Well, seems like it would be time for you again. ;)

Hello Flakes *waves*
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Official "Hi, I'm New" thread

Postby Lyyrae » Mon May 22, 2017 8:55 am

Well then, after being reminded that there exists such a thread here... (How did I forget? :ghost: )



Hi there! I'm Lyyrae. :) And I'm from Germany.
I've been a lurker since around April 2014 and decided to surface to participate in some of the discussions and maybe write an entry for the LTFC.
I like to read and listen to music. I also play games from time to time, Homeworld being my most favourite of them.
(I sometimes play Touhou, but most likely spend more time reading about backstories of characters appearing there as well as side stories...)

Also, as suddenly as I decide to start posting stuff, I might go back to lurking only to sometimes replying to others and making occasionally messages.
User avatar
Lyyrae
Recruit
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 6:06 am

Re: Official "Hi, I'm New" thread

Postby Talvieno » Mon May 22, 2017 9:11 am

Ah, a new friend from Germany! Welcome (again)! :D We have at least two other Germans here, that I know of. :) Really looking forward to that LTFC post - I hope you make it! Would love to see an entry from you.

Homeworld is an amazing game. :D Really top-notch. And Touhou - haven't played it, but I've heard great things. I think you'll fit in really well here.
Image
Have a question? Send me a PM!
User avatar
Talvieno
Community Manager
 
Posts: 8177
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:50 pm
Location: North GA, USA

Re: Official "Hi, I'm New" thread

Postby JanB1 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:56 am

Well, thank you for your introduction. No worries about forgetting that this thread existed, that's why I pointed it out. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the LT forums I guess? Glad to have you here and really looking forward to your LTFC contest entry.
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Previous

Return to Everything & Anything



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests