Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Official "Hi, I'm New" thread

Welcome to the forums, Vivacia :wave:

I'm not sure what you specifically need to be interested in to be accepted by this Community. We come from quite a range of backgrounds and sanity levels. It does help if you like games but there are plenty of other threads which you should find interesting. I did notice that you've already found some of the threads I'm thinking of. Hitman V is unlikely to give you any cause for concern as he appreciates your honesty.

Now the one known as Cornflakes does play rough at times but it's just his way of showing affection. ;) :mrgreen:

Please join in whenever you have something you want or need to say. We are a civilized lot and enjoy a discussion and the occasional debate. :angel:

Baile nam Fonn wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:03 am
Bless you, Vivacia, don't concern yourself overmuch with fitting in. :lol:
Vivacia wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:48 am
...told me about Limit Theory and it immediately caught my attention. I absolutely love the idea, I really, really, really, want to play it.
[...]
..and, right there, you're in. You belong. We welcome you! :squirrel:
Heheh, thank you, Baile! :D (can I call you that?) It means a lot to me. ^.^

IronDuke wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:12 am
The idea with this forum is that it's a completely botched-up smorgasbord of people who don't hardly fit into their clothes, let alone this place. :twisted:
Heh, I highly doubt that. :P But it sounds like a fun place to me. :3
IronDuke wrote:
Generally what you want to do is find a squirrel picture, post it in this thread, post :train: in all the new dev-log posts, and stay at least ninety feet from Hitman V.
Thanks for the advice. :squirrel:
IronDuke wrote:
P.S. If you like games and play them at all you're a gamer. :ghost:
And that's nice to know, but I won't give myself that honour. At least not yet. :ghost: :P

Victor Tombs wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:08 am
Welcome to the forums, Vivacia :wave:
Thank you, Victor! :D
Victor Tombs wrote:
I'm not sure what you specifically need to be interested in to be accepted by this Community. We come from quite a range of backgrounds and sanity levels. It does help if you like games but there are plenty of other threads which you should find interesting. I did notice that you've already found some of the threads I'm thinking of. Hitman V is unlikely to give you any cause for concern as he appreciates your honesty.

Now the one known as Cornflakes does play rough at times but it's just his way of showing affection. ;) :mrgreen:
Okie dokie, not sure who they are but I shall find out soon! I like honest people, so I should be okay. ^.^ Rough, eh? Wait until he gets to know me. ;)
Victor Tombs wrote:
Please join in whenever you have something you want or need to say. We are a civilized lot and enjoy a discussion and the occasional debate. :angel:
Will do! Debates are one of my favourite things!
...only if I know what the debate is about, in depth. xD

And thanks, Det! Didn't find much to quote. :P :mrgreen: So have a bunch of these: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

Welcome, Vivacia! I was shocked at myself for a moment. Five posts and I hadn't greeted you? :o But then I realized your first post was early this morning, so I don't feel as surprised at myself anymore. :lol:

As others have stated - we're quite happy to have you here, and you already seem to fit right in. :) No worries there. Actually you seem to be a perfect match for us. You like games? Check. Nice and friendly personality? Check. You like Limit Theory? Check and double check. You'll be like a long-lost sibling to us. :D If you stick around long enough, we might even be able to come up with some solutions to your mouse-and-gaming issues.

Finally, as far as long posts go - don't worry about that at all. We don't mind. Honestly! In fact, some of us are known for habitually writing lengthy posts! I'm a fairly bad offender at that a lot of the time. (Not as much as some. :lol: ) But no, that's normal here. We don't judge, and we'll typically read it through.

Hope you enjoy yourself here! And if you ever feel so inclined, pop on into IRC. We're just as friendly over there, too.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:13 pm
Welcome, Vivacia! I was shocked at myself for a moment. Five posts and I hadn't greeted you? :o But then I realized your first post was early this morning, so I don't feel as surprised at myself anymore. :lol:

As others have stated - we're quite happy to have you here, and you already seem to fit right in. :) No worries there. Actually you seem to be a perfect match for us. You like games? Check. Nice and friendly personality? Check. You like Limit Theory? Check and double check. You'll be like a long-lost sibling to us. :D If you stick around long enough, we might even be able to come up with some solutions to your mouse-and-gaming issues.

Finally, as far as long posts go - don't worry about that at all. We don't mind. Honestly! In fact, some of us are known for habitually writing lengthy posts! I'm a fairly bad offender at that a lot of the time. (Not as much as some. :lol: ) But no, that's normal here. We don't judge, and we'll typically read it through.

Hope you enjoy yourself here! And if you ever feel so inclined, pop on into IRC. We're just as friendly over there, too.
Heheh, thank you, Tal! :mrgreen: Time zones can be nasty; once I'm in uni, maybe we'll be posting at the same time. :o

Thank you so much, that really means a lot to me! :D Hopefully I'll get rid of those issues soon. I plan on sticking around, I've got glue all over me. Yep, don't ask why. I just do. :lol:

Okie dokie, I'm a person who loves writing so everything I post will be fairly long. A good excuse for that will be quality posting. :P

Hmm... I don't think I've ever been to the IRC, I don't have the link either. I'll check it out soon. :D

Welcome to the forums Vivacia! Good to see some new blood here!

I'm Hyperion, the resident gay joke machine and abstraction artist, and i tend to make posts with subsections that dwarf your longest post so far, I've hit the 60,000 character limit on posts and have had to split them up! so you're gonna have to try hard if you want to seem long winded on here :lol:

And will you fit in? I sense that you will assimilate into LT just fine, it might cost you your soul, but that's a bargain price for what you get!

Please feel free to read the suggestions board and comment on the various ideas to inspire us with new insights!

Edit: @corn
Spoiler:      SHOW
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:24 pm
Welcome to the forums Vivacia! Good to see some new blood here!

I'm Hyperion, the resident gay joke machine and abstraction artist, and i tend to make posts with subsections that dwarf your longest post so far, I've hit the 60,000 character limit on posts and have had to split them up! so you're gonna have to try hard if you want to seem long winded on here :lol:

And will you fit in? I sense that you will assimilate into LT just fine, it might cost you your soul, but that's a bargain price for what you get!

Please feel free to read the suggestions board and comment on the various ideas to inspire us with new insights!

Edit: @corn
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hey, Hypey! :mrgreen: Ooooh, wow. That's really long. o.O Did you plan on writing a novel here? :lol:

Yuss, if it involves bargaining with my soul, I'm all in. OuO

Thank you, and will do!

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:42 pm
You can quote multiple posts by just inserting

Code: Select all

[quote=Vivacia] 
stuff
[/quote]
Segments in there or scrolling down in the post writing window and clicking on the quote button at the respective post.
Vivacia knows, one of the other posts up there was multi-quoted. :) I don't find it fuss-worthy unless it gets to 4 posts in a row, which is usually when I start merging.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:45 pm
Cornflakes_91 wrote:

[quote=Vivacia] 
stuff
[/quote]
Segments in there or scrolling down in the post writing window and clicking on the quote button at the respective post.
Vivacia knows, one of the other posts up there was multi-quoted. :) I don't find it fuss-worthy unless it gets to 4 posts in a row, which is usually when I start merging.
Okie, thank you for the tip! :D I'll keep it in mind; it'll make things easier. ^.^

Vivacia wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:16 am
Okie, thank you for the tip! :D I'll keep it in mind; it'll make things easier. ^.^
Talvieno wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:45 pm
Cornflakes_91 wrote:

[quote=Vivacia] 
stuff
[/quote]
Just because cf wanted me to write it this way :)
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

First of all: Hey there Vivacia. Nice to see that we got a new user while I was away.

And secondly, let's talk about this one:
Vivacia wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:48 am
I'm sorry if I seem out of place here because of my lack of experience and general behaviour, I'll try my best to fit in though.
No. Please. Don't try to fit in. That's what makes this community so great. You don't have to try to fit in. We love to be ourselves, as goofy as it might get. But stick with it (looking at you Det ;) ). :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Vivacia wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:32 pm
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:56 pm
Vivacia wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:51 pm
I plan on sticking around, I've got glue all over me. Yep, don't ask why. I just do. :lol:
"Glue"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes, mon cher, glue. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(Just saw this, sorry for the double-post)

*looking at screen*
*looking behind me*
*screaming into the room to the others*
"HEY GUYS. I LIKE HER. CAN WE KEEP HER?"
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Online Now