Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hey guys glad to see you,

My name is Fabian , but just call me Spoot.

I´m 17 years old and i have been a player since i was 5 with my Gameboy Advance and Pokemon YaY(great childhood). I´m german so i think i mess up the grammer a bit, but hopefully you can understand me ;) .And my favorite game genre is ... ALL. I really like all form Shooter to Point and Click Adventures^^, but i hate racegames :C(and Hello Kitty Online). I expect a great game form josh, so i´m sad about i can´t spend so much money to buy a ONE-OF-A-KIND. I will buy the version wich includes the alpha .

Hope that i may bring some good ideas or just have a great time with the community :mrgreen:

Read ya guys later

Spoot

Hello Ringo here.

I was hunting around for a suitable xmas gift, decided to go see what Kickstarter was up to. Limit Theory came up as a staff pick, naturally got my attention. I went to the page, and the rest as they say is history :)

I am a working adult (how else can I afford to back this?) Given the poor economy nowadays, we all make our money work double for us, or we try to anyways. Btw Josh, I wanted to add I am putting my trust in you here. I decided not to back Chris Roberts and put my money in your corner.

Give us a good game, one that is user friendly and value for money ok?
Image To boldly go where no one has gone before

Sigh..... Fine.

I am ACH0225, ACH0225 being a code name of sorts. Normally, I would do this slowly, bit by bit, but here you go. If you are allergic to owls, stop reading now.

I am ACH0225, leader of a race of very large owls(read: giant) that have the occasional ability(depebding on species) to breathe fire. We exist in multiple dimensions, using technology based on Yttrium. The name of our capital city is Cuuyth. Any questions?

Hallo everyone.

The name's John, but I go by Tiel. Have always been fascinated with space and, by extension, sci fi games, a genre that appears to have decreased in popularity in the day and age of Modern Combat sims. (BOII does not count, half the people playing could care less about the lore) It's good to see that this project is getting the support it needs to become a reality; an infinite singleplayer world akin to Minecraft but in space and actually having gameplay sounds really bloody awesome!

ACH0225 wrote:All this time, and you never shared your name. Is that even your name? I shared my name once....

Oh, yeah, because this kinda gives it away, ACH, me, and Tiel, and maybe some others know each other from other places. So if we go crazy sharing stupid inside jokes, be patient.
-Keon-

(I don't have any funny quotes to put here yet. Somebody say something funny.)

Hi all, Zak is the name and games are..urh..the 'game'.

I'm from that first generation of kids that got home computers in the UK. Mine was the amazing (at the time) ZX81, and i was lucky as i got mine with the 16KB ram pack and a tape-player to load and record games onto. Pretty much everyone was trying to program back then, often you had no choice as games were not that common and lots of the game magazines at the time gave away game listings (maybe a few hundred lines of code, often less) for you to type into your computer. How things have changed technology wise! :D

I was a pretty decent BASIC programmer, and sort of fried my 'programmers' brain on trying to learn machine code. Years later i have the time and space to try and learn a modern PC language so i'm giving C++ and Python and LUA a shot, but i'm not as keen as i once was, so i doubt i'll be making my own version of Limit Theory anytime soon!

I've pretty much played most games, or at least a wide array of game types (across various systems) down the decades, and fully agree with Chris Roberts assessment of modern game development, and his frustration at the kind of industry the AAA publishers have created for PC developers and, imho, for the current generation of kids coming into gaming. You are all meant to be purely consumers, and in a 'console-centric' world, have less opportunity to code, or certainly less control of that process(XNA etc). So it was really cool to stumble across Limit Theory and Josh's ambitious work :)

Whatever i have done in the real world, gaming and games (game design, game theory etc) have always been a part of my life. For some reason i never gravitated to working in the games industry, probably because for at least the last decade or so that industry, what the AAA want it to be, and my own idea's just don't work well together, so i've only dabbled in games from the non-professional side lines.

My 'Game Resume' up to now includes being the actual 'inspiration' of 'religion' in CivIV. This came from discussions i started with modders on the game Call To Power II about how to further improve the religious aspects of that game, and many of those guys then went on to work on the CivIV game, in particular on the Beyond the Sword expansion, and I was very happy with how religion added both an important 'real world' narrative about the history of humanity, and an interesting extra game dynamic. Certainly it helped CivIV feel like a 'richer', deeper game than CivV (or CivIII), so kudos for the guys that saw that become a reality.

'Strategic Resources' was also another topic i was heavily involved in with CTP2 (Martin Gühmann the major contributor here) all in that time space after CivII and around CivIII's release. There were so many detailed topics a number of us were involved in then, and that all culminated with the source code release for CTPII (So if anyone wants to see how a modern(ish) TBS game is built, that is a good point of reference).

I'm also the inspiration behind many of the features added to the 'Build Mod' mod for the old Bethesda/Disney version of Pirates of the Caribbean. I came to that project late (around Build 12) and helped with the idea's for many of the additional systems during and after that particular Build version (being able to sail directly in 3D from port to port being my favourite).

I've had smaller involvement in mods for Rome: Total War, Mount and Blade and Morrowind down the years.

I'm currently working on an overhaul mod for Moo3 alongside my own game design projects and trying to learn bits of C++ when i can find time. My 'day job' keeps my pretty busy, so i guess that is why my involvement in games has been so patchy down the years, but i like nothing more than deep design conversations and probably my childhood background in pen and paper role playing systems like GURPS, Traveller, RuneQuest and Cthulhu has given me a nice set of basics to understanding game systems.

Anyway i look forward to taking part here and helping out where i can on this project :)

Zak.

Hello everyone! This is Fenway, often going by several deviations of the name. I am very into space, and everything associated with it, and this project instantly caught my eye. Hobbies include LEGOs (Who doesn't have them?), Video Games, roleplaying, and books. Lots of books.

Nothing else to see here, move along. NeoRoman Security protocol. I have to follow it.

Hi I'm David from Oregon, US. Part time substitute teacher, part time hobbyist programer (Python and java), part time minecraft server admin. I've been playing space games since managing memory by manually loading drivers though autoexec.bat in order to play wing commander 2. I've also been slowly working on my own.
David -- Proud to be saving the world since 1984

Hello everyone. I'm Aeternum from Australia. I'm a full-time IT student, night-shift gamer and a sci-fi lover. I'm loving everything I'm seeing in Limit Theory. I've been a long time follower of the Infinity project by Flavien Brebion and am pleased to see that Limit Theory shares many similar elements of that project. Nevertheless, Limit Theory is beautiful and I honestly look forward to playing it in the near future.

An old hobby of mine was to host sci-fi role-playing communities. These communities would entail playing a sci-fi game and writing stories around it. Would anyone be interested in role-playing with Limit Theory universes? If the game delivers I will most likely create another RP community around it.

Hello all. My name is Paul, I graduated in Information Systems and now own a startup software development company. All kind of science, and specially space-related always interested me. I'm from the DOS gaming era, back then I used to play a lot of simulators, and space sims were one of my favorite games.

@Aeternum: I am interested in developing stories around a universe in Limit Theory. For some time I played a lot of a game called Noctis, and what caught me was the immersion in the RP the game allowed with its in-game exploration journal system that could be shared between players. If you take a look at the suggestions forum, I talk about integrating something like that in Limit Theory.

Hi everyone,

my real name is Lukas, I'm 25 and I'm X series fan since I got my first PC. Before that I had Commodore 64 but have never played Elite.
I have worked in IT for some time even though I'm self-educated in computers and surely not have the capabilities as most of you do computer-wise. Now I work in a plant where concrete prefabricates are made and am servicing, repairing and keeping in work the machines there. Not really varied work :D so I'm compensating this by games (but not the casual games ... those insult me), by music, mostly I love heavy and power metal, classic and hard rock and so on (but death metal and the likes are no interest to me) and by interest in what's going on in the world ... the economy, politics and general knowing other countries. And I love maps :twisted: ... whenever I read about something and it somehow make me open google earth I can spend the rest of the day at it. I live in small town called Prerov in Czech Republic (Europe :D )

I think I even said what I didn't want sooo ... Cheerz, Vl.

Online Now