Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Introduce Yourself

Needless to say that aardvarks give me similar headaches.
Yup.
Aardvarks can be funny that way, Josh.
I always wear a helmet when I'm near one of them buggers.

Incidentally, you may want to take a look at this website with some info that I wrote a while ago.
It might explain a lot...
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions.
Lao Tze

JoshParnell wrote: Good lord Rembrandt, if you keep escalating the hilarity of these posts, I am not going to be able to get any work done on LT, because the magnitude of my laughs is causing a splitting headache much like the Dutch-induced ones you mentioned. Of course, having lived on the Flemish side of Belgium for five years, I am already used to these headaches, as I had one just about every time I thought of Vlaams-Brabant and the absurdity of double-A's. Needless to say that aardvarks give me similar headaches.
Ooh that's where I hail from! Somewhere near Kalmthout/Antwerpen by any chance? :p

Ex-EVE player with a passion for 4X and exploration games. Danish national living in Manila, Philippines atm.

@Josh - thank you for the dev logs, if you are ever in doubt if people read them - I do and I enjoy them immensely. As someone who have tried coding and failed (did demo coding on C64 and a little on Amiga) to stay with it - it's fun to read the exploits of someone a lot better :geek:
procedurally generated comment

Hello, I am Watchdog and I come from the Czech Republic. That is in the European Union, for those who keep mistaking my country with Chechnya. :lol:

I am a big fan of space simulators and I am glad that I had managed to support the project just before its Kickstarter campaign ended, thanks to someone posting a link to it on Star Citizen forums.

I backed Star Citizen, Limit Theory and Elite: Dangerous, since each will offer something different. I hope all three games will be a major success.

Hello everyone! I am jaxstarling or "Ajax" on anynowhere.com. I actually found this game in a forum post at anynowhere. I have played quite a bit of Noctis IV as well as Freelancer. Considering this, I was definitely excited when I came here. I love endless gameplay, such as that which was offered in Freelancer. However, it was predictable and after you've played it long enough, it got boring. LT has this endless gameplay feel to it, but with procedural generation you don't really know what you're going to get when you start out in your universe, so boredom should rarely ever be a problem. Thumbs up to that!

Keep up the great work, Josh!

Vino, a pleasure, I'm sure. Found Limit Theory by chance and was instantly hooked. Congratulations on the success of the kickstarter. I've done some writing in my life, so I'm going to be writing some fictional stuff on the forums. I currently live in Iceland, one of the most beautiful places in the world. I'm a fan of anime, (No, not the shows where every girl there is too young and have WAY too short skirts,) like Darker than Black, Durarara, and Baccano. I hope to make friends here, which can't be hard when I'm stuck floating in the endless reaches of space, right?
I view the internet as a fire, and I am the tender of this fire. There are many like me, and we all have the same cause. To feed this everlasting fire.

Tusck here. I've been lurking the boards since a couple days after Kickstarter began. I've gone full circle in my gaming career, starting with space sims and RPGs, moving to many years of competitive pvp and now I'm back to space sims and RPGs. Funny how that works. It took me a bit but I decided to back this game because Josh made a compelling case and I really want to own my own faction. Cya all around on the boards.

Hello there

I just heard about this over at the DAYZ forums where I mod.

I am rather excited about this one and have been hankering for something like this for years.

It's also lovely to see it looks stunning as well.

I hope it's modable and customisation friendly too.

Good stuff, good stuff indeed.

Rgds

LoK

Hello all

Sadly I only find out of this game today, so I would had participated in the kickstarter campaign.

Anyway I take the time to read things there and in the dev blog, and this game do look realy promising.

I do hope you manage to bring it on Steam, it's a really nice way to deliver the game.

Keep the good work, and I'm sure the community here will help in anything you need.

Keep it 8-)

Hello all! I'm currently studying to become a IT professional. My area of study is network security and maybe a little bit of programming.

As for my gaming history, my very first encounter was with consoles (sega, nes, snes...,etc) but my first space combat sim was wing commander 4 which was on the original playstation. I fell in love with flying since. After that I played a little bit of F-22 Raptor (on the computer) and then I got my hands on many of the MS flight sims that were released. Other than that, I've played both console and computer games yet I played with consoles more often than my computer (until recently anyway). I recently have gotten back into computer games thanks to steam and have traded in most of my console games and replaced them with their computer counterparts. I'm now playing Evochron Mercenary, FreeSpace 2 Open and plethora of others.

I'm fairly laid back kind of guy and just loves to have fun no matter what I do!

Hi, I'm Orlandu84!

I have been playing computer games since I was five years old, and I am really excited to be on this forum. One of the first games that I played (and even modded) was an old mac classic called "Escape Velocity." Made by Ambrosia Software, Escape Velocity allowed you to fly around in space and do what you want. I loved that game so much that I learned the basics of going into a text file in order to tweak the game and create basic mods for the game. I would not play a game quite like it for years. Then I played Oblivion, and I rediscovered how satisfying it could be to play a game with few if any limits. More recently I played Eve Online for two years till real life precluded me from playing it on a regular schedule. Although I have played a lot of games, the above mentioned games all allowed the player to have his own goals and purse those goals in the manner that he wished. I have been craving a game that brought that kind of "limit theory" to space for a while.

Lastly, as others have said, thank you, Josh! Especially for the dev-logs. I know next to nothing about coding, but I really like reading about people who do it;) Keep up the great communicaiton :D
The short question: "What is truth?"
The short answer: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Hi, Jim here.

Space sim veteran (well, at least for my age) and modder. Fan of open-world games.

Let's see ... Freespace, Freelancer, Escape Velocity, Nexus, X series, Darkstar one, Eve, Sins, Homeworld, distant worlds ... I'm sure I missed a dozen more. I also happened to be the one to discover Eve's stacking penalty formula (that post is still on those forums somewhere), Sacred 2's skill ranking penalty formula, etc. (you can see where my interests lie).

I love theorycrafting, so you might see some random charts and detailed calculations made in excel from me.

Missed backing by just a few hours, but I'm looking forward to this game.

Online Now