Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Random

Draglide12 wrote:I need to get off the internet. I keep getting this sensation that I want to go on a mass shooting spree trying to discuss things on the Nationstates forums. Then again, we are talking about a forum so filled with logical fallacies, idiots, and ad-homonym attacks that it's top stickied thread is a set of links to suicide hotlines and resources for the depressed.
I know, I hate it when people attack my arguments based on my usage of words that are spelt and pronounced the same. What idiots those guys are.

And wow, they actually stickied suicide hotline threads in an attempt to help depressed and suicidal people get support? Man, that's dumb.

On a different note, this is pretty cute.
Spoiler:      SHOW

Draglide12 wrote:Then again, we are talking about a forum so filled with logical fallacies, idiots, and ad-homonym attacks that it's top stickied thread is a set of links to suicide hotlines and resources for the depressed.

Was discussing "poverty" in the U.S. Morons didn't like it when I suggested it was nonexistent. Fucking idiots need to be sent to the third world for a bit so they can learn what poor really means.
Ad-homonym? Like, you're retarded?
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed

Gazz wrote:
Tom wrote:You forgot liberty.
I only know the saying about the tree of oppression needing to be watered with the blood of patriots from time to time.
Well played.
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.

Draglide12 wrote:I have met homeless people. I didn't say there is no destitution, but in the majority of the extremely few cases, it is by choice. I've met plenty of people who prefer to just wander homeless, and they make up the larger portion of America's homeless. Even the homeless though can find shelter (albeit uncomfortable) and plenty of food and clean water, something that cannot be said for most of the rest of the world.
You might simply be instigating. Regardless, your ignorant ramblings are stupefyingly dumb.
I know not what life is, nor death.
Year in year out-all but a dream.
Both Heaven and Hell are left behind;
I stand in the moonlit dawn,
Free from clouds of attachment.

Neurogrid is Trying to Recreate the Human Brain:
Researchers at Stanford University have created a computer board modeled after the human brain that is capable of simulating over 1 million neurons and billions of synaptic connections using the power of an iPad.
[...]
As we see computer architecture take shape to match our own biological forms, it takes us a step closer to the Singularity, a term made popular by futurist Ray Kurzweil in which we inevitably integrate ourselves with robotics. We'll then be able to supersede our inherent capabilities or address the handicaps that disable us.
They should combine it with Josh's AI algorithms. :ghost:

And yeah...transcending our biological limitations. First stop cyborgs. Next stop digital minds. Unless we realise that existence is crappy and meaningless and destroy ourselves as Mainländer believed we would.

Draglide12 wrote:Josh does have nice AI. I also read about computer that makes games. A creative, goal driven artificial intelligence.
The "computer that makes games" is Angelina, made by Michael Cook. He graduated from the same university as I'm attending and I was fortunate enough to have him give a talk about Angelina to our class a year or so ago. It was pretty entertaining.

ThymineC wrote:Neurogrid is Trying to Recreate the Human Brain:
Researchers at Stanford University have created a computer board modeled after the human brain that is capable of simulating over 1 million neurons and billions of synaptic connections using the power of an iPad.
[...]
As we see computer architecture take shape to match our own biological forms, it takes us a step closer to the Singularity, a term made popular by futurist Ray Kurzweil in which we inevitably integrate ourselves with robotics. We'll then be able to supersede our inherent capabilities or address the handicaps that disable us.
They should combine it with Josh's AI algorithms. :ghost:

And yeah...transcending our biological limitations. First stop cyborgs. Next stop digital minds. Unless we realise that existence is crappy and meaningless and destroy ourselves as Mainländer believed we would.
Whoah. That's cool. Ghost in the Shell, here we come!
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now