Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Random

Holy hell this is some American-level stuff right here. Skip to 6:15 to see where this video goes from standard American to American American.

This video might be taken down pretty soon, as it's a mirror of the original which had a lot more views and got taken down by Youtube.

This guy nailed it. If the Nazi's hadn't sullied the good name of eugenics it might've become a standard world practice by now and we could avoid these sorts of things.

Edit: LiveLeak link for when the Youtube mirror inevitably gets taken down too.

Katawa wrote:American-level? Like taking the time to write skip-to-6:15 instead of just adding &t=6m15s ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxf0W-e1U2A&t=6m15s
If you pay the cost once every other person can avoid that cost.
I had a strong suspicion someone would post this comment. Once again:
  • Appending the t=... tag doesn't always work. It doesn't seem to work on my iPad, for instance.
  • Because of the above, it's easier just to write "skip to 6:15" then to faff about with the url.
Edit: on ipad can confirm it doesn't work.

Your arguments are selfish but not constructively so. Your avoidance of the cost involved in adding the tag is more detrimental than the opportunity lost if people don't bother with it because if you're trying to share it's in case someone agrees which is an ego boost. Someone is more likely to watch if it's simpler to do so, be selfish in a way that gets you things instead of letting you avoid things.
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed

Katawa wrote:Your arguments are selfish but not constructively so. Your avoidance of the cost involved in adding the tag is more detrimental than the opportunity lost if people don't bother with it because if you're trying to share it's in case someone agrees which is an ego boost. Someone is more likely to watch if it's simpler to do so, be selfish in a way that gets you things instead of letting you avoid things.
I don't value the gain from adding the 6:15 tag to really justify the cost. As in, I don't think it would make any difference whatsoever. Except leading to discussions like this, which I'm neutral about. Kills time at least. Anyway, night.

i have no idea how but after the last youtube link form ThymineC i came accross a guy that calls himself "howtobasic" and he makes a lot of weird things with food ... like realy weird. I wont post a link if you have a strong stomach just look him up on youtube.
More people want exploding kittens than exploding ships. Somehow, this makes me happy.
- credits go to dwmagus

ah youre right i was on the how to basic challenge (where the guy actually trys to eat the crabby paty). I was eating pizza at the moment with a friend and he nearly :sick: .
More people want exploding kittens than exploding ships. Somehow, this makes me happy.
- credits go to dwmagus

I had a scary nightmare so I'm awake again for a bit. I found myself upstairs in the attic of my grandparent's house, except it wasn't an attic but an outdoor military testing zone with grey streets and the grey carcasses of building (or perhaps it was being built?), and I got told, "Hey, you shouldn't be here!"

So I apologised, and tried to make my way away, except there were exposed wires carrying high-voltage electricity (Danger! Danger!) all along the pavement, and it was really hard to avoid touching them. I managed it without getting electrocuted but I accidentally yanked a plug out of its socket. I didn't notice anything happen and I threw it back in.

I climbed down from the attic onto the second floor of the house in the most topologically impossible manner, and swung myself down two flights of stairs by propelling myself horizontally around the staircase columns, since gravity seemed to be markedly reduced. At the bottom I maneuvred into the spare room as I heard my grandmother approaching. I was worried as hell about the government facility fiasco so I tried to pretend I was fast asleep in case I needed an alibi. I try to keep still, but struggle, and my grandmother comes into the room trying to give me food to eat. She at least acts like I'm asleep (I'm not sure she was convinced), and puts the plate of food inside a cupboard with several dozen other plates of food, grumbling to herself.

As I hear her walking out of the room, I hear her mutter about me being stupid, and that was pretty shocking. I've never heard my grandmother ever say the least bad thing about me before. Then she must have started yelling, and I open my eyes to see her run like never before at me, and I shut my eyes. When I opened them a moment later, she was standing over me with a rolling pin in one hand looking like she was going to beat me to death.

And so I woke up with chills. :/

Online Now