Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Random

IronDuke wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:17 pm
shell out lots of money, or make it all yourself.
IronDuke is a professional counterfeiter, of this we can be certain.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

True enough, though I have yet to get an asset from the Store that I could just plug straight in, so I understand why people would pay more for a freelancer. Every single one of them needed work, sometimes hours, before it would do what I wanted, either because it wasn't the exact feature needed, conflicted with existing stuff, or needed content added to function. Still, way way less work than making it myself, and way cheaper than a freelancer. It's a nice middle position. I just wish the really awesome assets weren't all so expensive :/ I don't make any money to speak of with what I develop, so it's hard for me to justify paying for pretty much anything...
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Fiddling around with n-body physics, and about 512 objects.
Ignore the text top left, that's a hang over from the last stage of development, and will be useful again once I get into the next piece.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

DM (to the bard): The six cultists shove you to the ground, bow to the massive green dragon, and say, "Oh Great One, we have brought you this gold and this human sacrifice as tribute to your greatness. Please accept our offering."

Rest of party, looking on from a distance: Welp, he is so dead. RIP

DM: The dragon thanks the cultists and asks if you have any last words.

Bard: I look up at the dragon and say, "I have brought you this gold and these six cultists as tribute to your greatness."

Rest of party: OH WOW

DM, who clearly did not expect that: ................roll persuasion.

Bard: 17.

DM: The dragon says, "I like you. Duck."

Bard: .....I duck?

DM: The dragon blasts a fiery breath over your head, incinerating the six cultists, and leaves you alive, flying off with his treasure.

Bard: Oh man, I thought I was dead.

DM: So did I. :/
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

I mentally replaced "DM" with "Tal," "Bard" with "Buck," and "Dragon" with "Hiltorel." The Cultists remain. As does the gold. And the fire. :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Full on science fiction moment at work yesterday, with this article ; at first it's a regular article about the real estate market, until you realise it's about how it will change with self driving cars becoming the norm!
At first, I was kinda bored like you are at work on Friday evenings, but then I was amazed that a technology which we still saw as complete sci fi material a decade ago is now changing very concrete, "real life" things. I don't know why exactly, but it feels great to see the future becoming the present.

Online Now