Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Random

Cornflakes_91 wrote:this is awesome.

TLDR: home made microwave cannon and messing around with it.
Freakin crazy Russians man! :mrgreen:

Detritus wrote:It's funny how sleeping with your head elevation below your heart will make your entire day absolutely miserable.

I want a new pillow.
I hate poor pillows. You can sleep on nearly anything, even the barren ground. But if you don't have at least some form f a pillow, you sleep terrible!
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Prack wrote:Was going to just link the comic strip directly but it's getting resized to fit.
Soooo, XKCD
Saw it, zoomed out, don't get it. Is he trying to suck the bird out of the air or what? :?
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

It describes the principal problem of bird watching.

Birds are usually small.
Often they fly, making it hard to get good pictures or see details.
If you get closer they fly away.
Birds are jerks.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

Cody wrote:
Physicists have created a fluid with "negative mass", which accelerates backwards when pushed.
<scratches head>
*Looks at you*

*Looks at post*

*Starts scratching head too*
Nothing to see here

IronDuke wrote:
Cody wrote:
Physicists have created a fluid with "negative mass", which accelerates backwards when pushed.
<scratches head>
Hold up

Could that fulfill the Alcubierre drive's negative energy requirements? :think:

--IronDuke
nöp, its still stuff with positive mass.
just the part they took out to attibute negative effective mass to propelled backwards when they put light into the whole assembly.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:nöp, its still stuff with positive mass.
just the part they took out to attibute negative effective mass to propelled backwards when they put light into the whole assembly.
Still weird as fuck. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:nöp, its still stuff with positive mass.
Still weird as frak. :D
Agreed. Seriously. What the heck?
Nothing to see here
Re: Earth Day

Cody wrote:Apparently, today is Earth Day - so here's Earth (and the Moon).
Couldn't you have chosen a place even further away to take this picture?

Detritus wrote:
Spoiler:      SHOW
If I got a dollar for every time some group or person said, that the apocalypse is near, I would be rich now...
Nothing to see here

Online Now