Return to “Everything & Anything”

Loving music - Loving to share

Hi there

Here's something that I've done a few years ago and wanted to share with you. I got bored and tried a demo of Magix' Music Maker. Liked the results and bought it. Learned to play around and finally got up with this. The tracks ain't perfect referring to the sound quality and the volume, but I liked and still like the sound of them and it was well received the day I released them to friends, so I thought you might like them too. I'm still producing music, but with better programs and better equipment today. Though time and my job often keep me away from it.

So here we go with the epic one:

Belisarius - Where Hope Dies

Format: MP3
Length: 4:48 minutes
Filesize: 6,59
Bitrate: 192 kBit/s

And here we have the calm (oh, who would've guessed looking at its title?) track:

Belisarius - Calm Dancer

Formate: MP3
Length: 3:50 minutes
Filesize: 5,28 MB
Bitrate: 192 kBit/s

I hope there are people here who like and maybe even post some feedback. :)
Re: Loving music - Loving to share

Hey hey, its awesome, i really like this tracks (especially the second one), gives a nice feeling of "specific atmosphere". It'll be cool to listen to other compositions if you have more.
I̲̩̳̺̩̫n̵̻̘͚͖̗͎ͅ ͢J̜̬̗̦o̩̘̦̪͕͉ͅs͞h̞͘ ̯̹͈͙w̯̙̥e̱͉ ̬̙̘̭̯̦͕t̹͖͔̖͘r͚̠̰͍͚̹ụ̸̭͍͕̯̹̙s̩͓̼̲̲͉̹t̰.̴͈̖͙̜̲

We will never forget the "Heavenly hundred"
Failures lead to success.

I have, but since I'm not at home right now, I could only come up with these two, so I hope you can wait a bit until tomorrow.

I also made an album for a Freespace modification (Blue Planet, anyone?) with 17 tracks, though these tracks were meant for loops, so they start and don't seem to end. But if desired I can still post them here.

Nice stuff.

Out of curiosity, what type of software is this? Is it more a tracker like FL Studio, or does it deal more with loops like Traktor audior or does it more like Ableton? Did you actually write the different notes, or using pre-rendered loops? Or was the notation already there and you chose the instrumentation?

I'm a bit of a music-maker freak myself (back in the original days of mp3.com when 303 Infinity and Tranceparent got their first start) and enjoy this sort of thing quite a bit.

I may have to share some of mine. I just haven't had time to set up my studio yet (which will finally happen in another week or two).

Also, do you use any equipment or is it all digital?

(can you tell I'm interested? =3 ) :thumbup:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

There's currently just one program I use and that's Magix Music Maker 2014 Premium. It's a sample loop collection with lots and lots of features. The loops I only use for underlaying midi tracks with effects, everything else I make with the midi editor which is quite good. The melody itself was done using the midi editor, but things such as the drums were sample loops.

Concerning any other equipment I have an old keyboard here and also bought myself a professional microphone for voice recordings. But everything else happens on a digital level with the Music Maker.

I'm glad there are people who like what I'm doing. :)

Found a few more that you might also like.

Belisarius - Dreaming Warrior

Belisarius - Fight, kill and die (Drum Version)

Belisarius - The Fedayeen Victory

Belisarius - From glorified to nullified

Belisarius - Neither Heaven nor Hell

Belisarius - Spark of Life

Belisarius - Keep Track

Belisarius - Payday for the lies we were told

Belisarius - Beauty of Life

Belisarius - Midnight

Belisarius - Fighter

Belisarius - Crazy Fiddler

Ok, turns out there were a few more that I never released and I still keep on finding some on my HDD, but list is already long enough, so I'll post more later.

Belisarius wrote:Found a few more that you might also like.

*snip*

Ok, turns out there were a few more that I never released and I still keep on finding some on my HDD, but list is already long enough, so I'll post more later.

Dont you mind if I'll upload some of them to "VK" social network ("russian facebook")?
I̲̩̳̺̩̫n̵̻̘͚͖̗͎ͅ ͢J̜̬̗̦o̩̘̦̪͕͉ͅs͞h̞͘ ̯̹͈͙w̯̙̥e̱͉ ̬̙̘̭̯̦͕t̹͖͔̖͘r͚̠̰͍͚̹ụ̸̭͍͕̯̹̙s̩͓̼̲̲͉̹t̰.̴͈̖͙̜̲

We will never forget the "Heavenly hundred"
Failures lead to success.

Wow, so I made a mental note to check this thread out again at home since I didn't have the luxury at the time you posted for me to check out the other pieces of music.... and then I forgot.

However, I finally got a chance to listen to all of them and I am very impressed. The tracks remind me heavily of the music that went with Command and Conquer and Red Alert (the first ones as I'm not as familiar with the scores to the sequels).

I meant to ask as well, what's your inspiration? Do you have any professional music teachings (i.e. music theory classes or similar)? It seems incredibly polished with the way you have dynamics in many of the songs.

I only have two minor complaints out of all of them though;

Keep Track - It feels like the drum track doesn't seem to fit completely. Instrumentation and syncopation seem fine, but maybe play around with some reverb to fit the more airy sound of the strings. There is one small bit of dissonance I don't care for, but that's more of a personal opinion than criticism.

Midnight - It feels like there isn't much 'resolution' to some of the phrases. There would be build and drop-offs, which work great to keep suspense, but then at the end when you bring back much of the instrumentation together it comes off as more 'busy' than resolute.

Outside of those two minor complaints, everything else was wonderful. You have some good skill there. :thumbup: Please don't take my remarks personally, I think you have great talent considering out of all of those tracks, those were my only two issues.

Oh, and you should post more. :mrgreen:

This stuff is great!

Eery Petrol wrote:Nice man! Will you upload it on a site like Soundcloud or something where I could follow your stuff?
I technically already have a soundcloud for those that are astute. :oops: But the only stuff on there is from my older setup from awhile ago. But yeah, I'll be sure to post as well once I have stuff up and running, maybe even a twitch channel from time to time. My stuff isn't like this stuff though, it's just electronica. Coming in another 2-3 weeks (if I'm lucky, woo~).
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now