Return to “Everything & Anything”

Project Totem VR headset a new player in the VR arena

So if you are like the one of many are intent on not pursuing the Rift and it's as the internet meltdown as declared Facebook den of evil owners,I bring you solace in these troubled VR murky waters it was only a matter of time that the OR tech became mainstream and this upstart seems to go a bit further with 2 1080 P integrated cameras and lot's more tech wizardry.

Not much info but seemingly a Kickstarter is planned for summer how this goes is anybody guess,but I'm guessing very well besides it looks cooler as well.
So below is a link to True Player Gear a virtual VR headset,they mention Totem not sure if that is the final name or not,ironically you can find more info on Facebook/Twitter :roll:

Basic website
http://www.trueplayergear.com/

Article showing the headset,oddly this reminds me of Iron man.
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/128173- ... ar-is-here

Edit:Confirmed name is now Totem
Re: Project Totem VR headset a new player in the VR arena

Cornflakes_91 wrote:i like that they offload the lens distortion calculations to the gear, makes it easier for lower end computers to bear :)

im not sure about the cameras... maybe generate in-game controls based on viewed keyboard? xD
Yeah seems you will actually see the outside world how it works not sure maybe switch from outside camera to VR view with integrated controls?,also like the CastAR augmented reality is also on the cards and like the way the lenses can be adjusted depending on eyesight,also outside controls on the Totem so lots of features to make it stand out if this gets a good showing at E3,Oculus could be in real trouble as these guys want the tech in your hands by this Xmas,this is no fly by night outfit it's 9 years in the making.
Re: Project Totem VR headset a new player in the VR arena

darker70 wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:i like that they offload the lens distortion calculations to the gear, makes it easier for lower end computers to bear :)

im not sure about the cameras... maybe generate in-game controls based on viewed keyboard? xD
Yeah seems you will actually see the outside world how it works not sure maybe switch from outside camera to VR view with integrated controls?,also like the CastAR augmented reality is also on the cards and like the way the lenses can be adjusted depending on eyesight,also outside controls on the Totem so lots of features to make it stand out if this gets a good showing at E3,Oculus could be in real trouble as these guys want the tech in your hands by this Xmas,this is no fly by night outfit it's 9 years in the making.
as long as the API's are compatible and the effort of the companies that adapted their software for the rift is not wasted im fine ^^

Online Now