Return to “Everything & Anything”

Kickstarter and Android platform

I quite like gaming on my Android tablet lazing on the sofa.

Now android games are on google play rarely above six pounds, most are between one and three pounds and there are often advert supported free versions too. So I see a game I want on kickstarter that is for several platforms and the game is priced at fifteen pounds. They offer an android version, but surely it won't be that expensive when on the play market due to the pricing competition in that market. So unless I want to treat that project as like a charity to get it funded then I may just wait to see if it gets funded and buy it probably cheaper in play market.

This brings me to the point that really good games are so cheap on Android that often kickstarter does not fit the model for that market.

Also if you buy from kickstarter an Android game, so not a google play download, then would you get the play updates? Maybe, I dunno at this point, perhaps someone can clarify that ?
Re: Kickstarter and Android platform

If you 'sideload' an app or a game (that's the term for it), you won't get the Play store updates for that app or game. Mostly because the Play store doesn't 'know' that you bought it or even installed it.

Kickstarter pledge levels are set by the developer themselves, so Kickstarter could still be used for Android development, but I think with that amount you both support PC and Android development, which would account for the higher amount?
avatar made from a photo by abbyreed

Online Now