Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: All things Star Wars.

Flatfingers wrote:Want to know what Yoda and Luke were really talking about on Luke's first visit to Dagobah?

This video will not help you.

But you may enjoy it, all the same -- Bad Lip Reading presents Luke and Yoda in: "Seagulls... Stop it now!"

:lol:
yeah this is awesome. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Lum wrote:Well.. yesterday's ep was better than S3's average...
It certainly was.

(Spoilers below if you haven't watched it yet and want to)

Ezra and Kane actually remembered they had force powers and used them. I love their blaster / lightsaber combo tactics. Thrawn actally did stuff that was more than letting people get away. He showed that just because he's smart and calm, he can still do evil things to get the job done.

Kallus being a turn coat, was alright, it was nice to see someone with an actual character arch.

I have a hard time believing that someone like Thrawn wouldn't have noticed Ezra or Kane. He was right there, he knows what they look like, and Kane is clearly blind (though has embraced force sight to the point that you cannot tell from his actions) At least he sort of implied that he thinks Kallus might be the spy.

Having the tie defender in Rebels was a surpise. It's a pretty obscure exapanded universe thing.

Was that the only secret of the factory? They seemed to be implying Death Star parts being produced but we only saw the Defender. It was the closest we have got to a Rogue One tie in so far.
My Signature

I also expected
Spoiler:      SHOW
veiled tie ins for R1 in this episode, but I suppose that there is still room for that if they play their cards as they should. Obvious tie ins I wouldn't recommend because that's a sure way of getting confused fans canon-wise. Also, the scene with Thrawn inspecting the couple idiots responsible for such a big factory (by the way, that there are always only a couple idiots for something like that in this kind of shows is dumb) wasn't all that great. Yeah, he made one of the good guys commit suicide (in a kids show...) but then failed to make the ones with helmet take the damn thing out. So... not so great for a Great Admiral during a security inspection...
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

Zanteogo wrote:
Having the tie defender in Rebels was a surpise. It's a pretty obscure exapanded universe thing.

Was that the only secret of the factory? They seemed to be implying Death Star parts being produced but we only saw the Defender. It was the closest we have got to a Rogue One tie in so far.
i personally dont think of the defender as particularily obscure EU, though. I played empire at war a lot, though. Which todays kids likely dont even know

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Zanteogo wrote:

i personally dont think of the defender as particularily obscure EU, though. I played empire at war a lot, though. Which todays kids likely dont even know
TIE-D is a very well known TIE model. TIE-D happened after the first Death Star though I was sure...
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Zanteogo wrote:

As far as I know it was only in the old Tie Fighter game and Empire at War. Something 98% of the population probably never played or seen. The first one was released 22 years ago. The second one wasn't much of a commercial success. That's obscure in my books.

I imagine most people watching the show had no idea it was an established Star Wars thing other than older fans or really hard core Star Wars fans. Anyone somewhat casual or younger would probably have never seen it before.
Silverware wrote:
TIE-D is a very well known TIE model. TIE-D happened after the first Death Star though I was sure...
"very well know" is a bit of a stretch. Take a picture of it and walk down the street asking random people what it is. I bet maybe 1 in 200 people at best get it right.
My Signature

Zanteogo wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Zanteogo wrote:

As far as I know it was only in the old Tie Fighter game and Empire at War. Something 98% of the population probably never played or seen. The first one was released 22 years ago. The second one wasn't much of a commercial success. That's obscure in my books.

I imagine most people watching the show had no idea it was an established Star Wars thing other than older fans or really hard core Star Wars fans. Anyone somewhat casual or younger would probably have never seen it before.
Silverware wrote:
"very well know" is a bit of a stretch. Take a picture of it and walk down the street asking random people what it is. I bet maybe 1 in 200 people at best get it right.
Yeah, but as the same of the Yuuzhan-Vong. Or the Clone Emperor....
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

True it's not a well known ship, however it was in stores back in 1996 as a Micro Machines model. It's also not as obscure as the Virago or the Cloakshape. Even though the Cloakshape actually appears in the majority of the EU books the Tie Defender only appears in one of them.

So I found someone on youtube that uploaded a ton of Clone Wars DVD Featurettes to youtube and they are pretty great. They point out a lot of things I had never noticed before, and references to shows/movies that they took inspiration from for certain elements (Did you know there was a crystal skull in the Trandnosian Hunter's flying base?). It was also cool to learn that the studio the show was made in was a whole building on Skywalker Ranch dedicated to that show and that all the employees got to drive and work on Skywalker Ranch every day. That would be pretty awesome :D

But the one at the end when they were talking about what it was like when the clone wars was cancelled and even though many went on to Rebels, a bunch of former friends didn't come with them plus no editing or story input from Lucas, it just wasn't the same. It was really saddening :cry: (also mostly because they used the sad music from the end of the final episode of Season 5)

Online Now