Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: All things Star Wars.

MrPerson wrote:Anyone watch the season finale of Rebels? I thought it was decent, and the way it left off sounds like it put those theories of the 3rd being the final season to rest.
Thankfully, yes.

They won't get around catching up to Rogue One the next season though. (season three started 2 years before, I find it hard to believe at least a year hasn't passed)

I'm glad Thrawn finally got his "victory". I was starting to fear they were going to ruin his character. They still have added too much "standard TV villain" into him than I liked in the last half of the season though. A great character none the less.
My Signature

Yea the whole time I was watching I was thinking "they better not kill off Thrawn here" Having him get killed before the rebellion even gets into full screen would just suck, heck I don't even really want him to die in rebels, I want him to show up in one of the "between" movies they do as a primary antagonist and give him some sort of glorious death there or something. He's to good to kill off without ever being on the big screen.

MrPerson wrote:Yea the whole time I was watching I was thinking "they better not kill off Thrawn here" Having him get killed before the rebellion even gets into full screen would just suck, heck I don't even really want him to die in rebels, I want him to show up in one of the "between" movies they do as a primary antagonist and give him some sort of glorious death there or something. He's to good to kill off without ever being on the big screen.
Can't speak for future movies, but the recently released entry in the Aftermath novels does hint at Thrawn's involvement in some of the Emperor's post-Empire contingencies. It barely mentions him and is talking about the past, but it does hint at the possibility that, presuming Thrawn isn't killed off somewhere prior to ROTJ, he might be off laying the foundations for The First Order.

In any case, Thrawn gets his own book again, releasing in a couple days. I believe it's his new pre-Rebels backstory.

Online Now