Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: All things Star Wars.

Just watched Rebels "Ghosts of Geonosis" double length "two part" episode.

Over all, I wasn't really impressed with it. They had double the amount of time to tell the story and it seemed to have major pacing issues from the get go. It was an ultra simple story and they stretched it right out. They could have done so much more.

Other than the pacing issues, something seemed "off". I can't put my finger on it, but I would be interested if anyone else noticed it too. It was nice that the two force users didn't forget again that they had force powers though. Someone said that Rebels is currently two in universe years away from Rouge One/New Hope so I guess we will be see more and more tie ins.
My Signature

Yea I was hoping they were going to do a whole sun-fac type thing where a small droid factory was producing battledroids and they joined the rebels but was put down by the Empire eventually. I WANT TO SEE BATTLEDROIDS FIGHTING THE EMPIRE FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES :evil:

Also kind of weird having some random worker just happen to have a queen's egg lying around. Plus, why would he put up a shield generator anyway? All that did was draw attention to him, the safest thing would have been to do what he was doing before, just let everyone think everyone was exterminated and hatch the queen deep underground away from prying eyes.

Newest episode of rebels- Damn that ending scene with Sabine's story hit pretty hard, the most emotionally invested I have been in the series thus far, I feel really bad for her. I hope more episodes capture emotion like this one did, it was pretty great.

*edit: on re-watch of the scene, it was probably the music that did it the most for me, music gets me good, especially whatever stringed instrument they used in the background of that piece. It was really good :clap:

BFett wrote:
Ringu wrote:"Star Wars: The Last Jedi"...!

I can get behind that.
Is that not what most of Star Wars was all about? First it appeared to be Obi-wan, then it was Yoda, then Luke, and now... well now I guess we don't know since Rey is OP.
It could have deeper meaning. Perhaps there will be no Jedi going forward and Luke will be the last. (my money is on he is killed in the next movie) There have been hints that the true balance in the force is with both the dark and light side as one. Perhaps the future of the force is this. No more light and dark side in a forever battle.

I just watched the last episode of Rebels. I enjoyed it. It also fuels one of my favourite fan theories of the origin of The Knights of Ren, or should I say Wren.....
My Signature

Yeah, I've heard that theory as well (about Luke being the last Jedi) and quite frankly I dislike it. Anakin did bring balance, by hunting down all other Jedi until there were only 2 left. Then he took out his master and then he himself died. Luke may or may not know about the prophecy, and this is possibly problematic to Disney. If the Jedi go extinct then I feel the core of Star Wars will likely be lost. Unless of course, we get a whole slew of grey force users which doesn't really help the situation either.

The problem with VII is that it didn't give us many tangible items to hold onto. There's the New Republic and the Resistance which are clearly two separate entities and then we have the First Order which is now supposedly being ran by Snoke because Kylo appears to be dead. Rey is over at some distant planet handing Luke his first lightsaber while Chewy remains in the Falcon for some unknown reason. BB8 is who knows where along with Fin and Poe.

Great, so our classic heroes are dead or will be dead by the end of VIII (because they aren't likely to get a Leia replacement), Chewy might live on alongside R2 and 3PO, and the new cast will rule the galaxy as they see fit because continuity obviously doesn't matter here when there aren't enough living actors to fill in the gaps and help develop things for IX.

VIII had better have some extremely impressive commercials if I'm going to watch it. Then again, R1 had impressive commercials and they cut half of the footage. :x

Online Now