Return to “Everything & Anything”

Post Your Rig

It'd be cool to see what kind of hardware people will be playing this game on and maybe even see what upgrades are in mind.

Simple really.
-CPU
-GPU
-RAM
-Storage
-Motherboard
-Feel free to add in any quirks such as watercooling or badass cases

For example I'm running
-i5 3570k
-ATI 7970
-16GB 1333Mhz
-256GB SSD+ 1TB HDD
-Asus p8z77-v
-nothing special with mine (yet :think:)
Re: Post Your Rig

My computer was found in an archaeological expedition years ago. It is said it could belong to the ancient civilization of Mu, but this is very controversial.

-Dual Core 2.2 GHz
-MSI R5750 1GB GDDR 5 (AMD)
-2GB 800Mhz RAM
-500 GB HDD
-An Intel old motherboard I think
-I have no special fans, just one in the CPU and another one in the power supply

Recently I bought an AMD FX 8320 (eight cores), an ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 motherboard and 4 GB RAM, but the vendor sold me the wrong mother for the processor and I broke some pins of the FX when I had to remove it, so I had to go back to my old archaeological discovery until I can replace it. (I'll be paying it for two years, so that might be not too soon.)
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

I have a laptop but I still think it is of worth to put here.

CPU - i7-3630QM (quad core 2.4ghz upto 3.4ghz)
GPU - GT 750m (soon to be sli because lenovo is boss and I have a ultrabay)
os - win 8.1 64bit (not bad when you never have to use metro ui hehe)
RAM - 8gb ram ( of what i don't know)
Storage - 1TB (i know, its awesome for a laptop)

its a y500 and I love it. Runs almost every game in ultra or high. Planetside 2 is the only game I have to have a few things turned down. I haven't tried any crysis games yet.

I was going to post my macbook pro specs here but when I did read yours I didn't dare anymore :oops:
(please I don't want to hear that macs aren't made for gaming, I know that they aren't made for gaming and I didn't bought it for gaming, that however doesn't mean that I don't want to play games on it.)

Well anyway, I'm saving up some money for a gaming rig (want to spend about €1200), does anyone have some tips on this?
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

For the first time in my life I have a modern computer...

-Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
-Processor: AMD FX8320 (8Core)
-GPU: AMD Radeon HD7870 Dual Fan
-RAM: 8GB DDR3
-Harddrive: WD 1 TB SATA3
-Case/Cooling: basic gaming case and a couple of extra fans.

I plan to use this conf. 2-3 years and then update the GPU and maybe something more.
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

My desktop:

Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 Ghz
16GB 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
256gGB SSD + 500GB HDD + 2TB HDD
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Antec Sonata III Case
Windows 7 Pro x64

Keep thinking it's time for a graphics card upgrade, but I never seem to get around to it.

Maybe when LT is released. :thumbup:
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Cha0zz wrote:I was going to post my macbook pro specs here but when I did read yours I didn't dare anymore :oops:
(please I don't want to hear that macs aren't made for gaming, I know that they aren't made for gaming and I didn't bought it for gaming, that however doesn't mean that I don't want to play games on it.)

Well anyway, I'm saving up some money for a gaming rig (want to spend about €1200), does anyone have some tips on this?
Hey nothing wrong with giving the specs of your puny mac ;)
But seriously If you're contemplating a gaming rig then I can suggest either an i5/i7 Intel or an octa core AMD chip. The motherboard would depend on the chip. An AMD 7970/R9 or nVidia 770 for the GPU. 8GB of ram would be a good start but if you fiddle with photo or video editing, bumping up to 16GB would be beneficial. Definately get yourself a SSD for the boot drive (and LT obviously) with a HDD backup for media. Feel free to PM me for any other details :thumbup:

Lum wrote: -OS: Win 8.1 (and lamenting each second of it)
What's with the lamenting?
Sure 8.1 isn't as desktop friendly as 7 was but it's a huge improvement from 8 (heck I even had to deal with the developer preview :sick: ).

I've found 8.1 to be nice and speedy top but if you're having withdrawal symptoms from 7 then give Classic Shell a try if you haven' t already.
Nice specs overall though. :)

I'll give the the specs on my newest rig, about to be replaced in a month or so with a monster.

GTX 670
i7 2600k OC 4Ghz
Corsair H60 closed loop liquid cooling
64Gb Vertex 4 SSD (OS)
256Gb Vertex 4 SSD (applications)
2Tb WD Black (storage)
Slimline BD read/writer
16Gb RAM Intel Extreme Patriot
Silverstone Sugo sg07b (case/PSU)
ASUS P8Z77 Delux (MOBO)
Windows 7 Ultimate
Last edited by Skyfligher on Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only limit is the one you set.

greenie214 wrote:
Cha0zz wrote:I was going to post my macbook pro specs here but when I did read yours I didn't dare anymore :oops:

Hey nothing wrong with giving the specs of your puny mac ;)
But seriously If you're contemplating a gaming rig then I can suggest either an i5/i7 Intel or an octa core AMD chip. The motherboard would depend on the chip. An AMD 7970/R9 or nVidia 770 for the GPU. 8GB of ram would be a good start but if you fiddle with photo or video editing, bumping up to 16GB would be beneficial. Definately get yourself a SSD for the boot drive (and LT obviously) with a HDD backup for media. Feel free to PM me for any other details :thumbup:
Ok here are it's specs:
2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB (dammit apple why u no use dedicated gpu?)
500GB HDD

And about the gaming rig, I was thinking of putting these things in it:
Intel Core i5-4670K (no idea if I would need additional cooling or what one)
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H (motherboard)
GIGABYTE GV-N770OC-4GD (GPU: GeForce 770 GTX)
8GB ram (probably from corsair?)
A SSD (no idea what one to chose) and a 1TB HDD (seagate barracuda?)
PSU (no idea what one to chose)
A CD/DVD (write/read) (probably the cheapest I can find since I don't use a lot cd's anymore)
wifi-network card (no idea what to chose)
No idea what box to put all this stuff in :s
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Lum wrote:I'm 32 and already "newtech resistant". I'm the most anti-smartphone/tablets guy you could ever imagine, all for PC ;)
It must be the age... Because, same here.

I'm a self employed shopkeeper. A while ago there was this young guy wanting to sell us a system for a customer loyalty card. When I asked him what made it special, he said "you get an ipad with an app to manage the customers, their cards and points". You can probably guess my reaction. :D
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Skyfligher wrote:I'll give the the specs on my newest rig, about to be replaced in a month or so with a monster.
Yea I kinda know a lot about PC specs and you're going to replace ^that^ with a "monster"!?
Are we talking multi-gpu, Ivy-E, quantum tunnelling cannon :geek: ? because those are some really respectable specs already and making a monster intrigues me.

Katorone wrote:
Lum wrote:I'm 32 and already "newtech resistant". I'm the most anti-smartphone/tablets guy you could ever imagine, all for PC ;)
It must be the age... Because, same here.

I'm a self employed shopkeeper. A while ago there was this young guy wanting to sell us a system for a customer loyalty card. When I asked him what made it special, he said "you get an ipad with an app to manage the customers, their cards and points". You can probably guess my reaction. :D
Nice I'm not the only one Katorone :thumbup:

greenie214, I'm also intrigued by Sky's statement :shock: He'll probably go for alien hardware, with living chipsets and quantum bus :lol:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

greenie214 wrote:
Skyfligher wrote:I'll give the the specs on my newest rig, about to be replaced in a month or so with a monster.
Yea I kinda know a lot about PC specs and you're going to replace ^that^ with a "monster"!?
Are we talking multi-gpu, Ivy-E, quantum tunnelling cannon :geek: ? because those are some really respectable specs already and making a monster intrigues me.
Perhaps something in the line of this ? :D
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Online Now