Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT update anticipation thread

AbhChallenger wrote:Well Josh. Your dev blog proves what I had been saying. The monthly, multifeature updates MUST end.

This is absurd Josh. Absurd to the point that if you continue to think it is a good idea to do these videos after 21. I would question your ability to deliver the game period.

And no this is not about your health. You made it clear that you are in charge of that. This is about the future of LT being compromised by a process that has virtually nothing to do with the final game. A process that I as a future multicopy customer of LT ask ends after the upload is done.

This is very simple Josh. If you want to show us a feature. GREAT. Load up windows, fire up OBS for a few mins. Make a SINGLE attempt to narriate the video. And upload it. Go back to what you are doing and repeat after the next feature looks awesome. NOBODY here will give a damn that it will be slightly less quality. We want to see LT. Not LT the movie.
I do think you raise some valid points, Abh, but I think your timing is all off. With the release of #21 tonight, it seems to me that this should be a night of relief & celebration. I think we should see what Josh has been up to and hear out what his plans are for the future before piling on the criticism (and for the record, I think the "criticism" should be kept pretty darn mild, if at all). It sounds like Josh has gotten the message loud and clear. Again, not trying to shoot down your opinion, just hoping you let some of the bitterness go.
Re: LT update anticipation thread

darkhorizon wrote:ABH you honestly need to find a less aggressive way top say things. You always cause heated fights and please just chillout a little bit mmkay?
#1 My way of giving criticism of the way Josh handles this project has been well known for some time.
#2 This is a commercial project. Not an open source game.
#3 I am a future customer (And this is the only time I can remember saying that I might not be one if this continues)
#4 This is NOTHING compared to the fights that will happen in this forum over game balance after beta.
#5 That is NOTHING compared to what is going to happen as the public starts playing LT and comes on here to complain for odd reasons. "OMFG YOU SUCK!! Y can i no get mah big ship!! Elite looks better you dweebs!!11 lolzors"
#6 We need realism at this point not happy go times "Awww its okay. It will all be better once 22 comes around"
#7 I am not saying 21 is going to suck. Despite my opposition to the videos themselves. I do look forward to finally being able to see the Warp Rails in action.
#8 I have respect for this community expressing what they want in regards to the future of LT without many White Knights backed by forum mods interdicting.

Online Now