Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT update anticipation thread

Talvieno wrote:
light487 wrote:Maybe that should be LT Koolaid? :)
No. I get what you're saying, but really, I just dislike heated arguments. Debates are one thing, but when they get personal, nuh uh - I'd prefer to step in before they escalate. This thread has gotten locked once before, after all. So let's have a drink - and what could be better than LT Cola? Let's teach the universe to sing. :) And then a few more universes, because they're just as beautiful and as easy to come by.
I'll take a can :D

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:
Scytale wrote:mynamewuztaken, that's an appeal to worse problems fallacy. Josh may be a better developer than others because of the things you mention, but it does not make missing stated deadlines any more acceptable. Just remember: we didn't apply these deadlines, he did. And again, he's perfectly free to extend this deadline, but he'd better do it before missing it.
"Appeal to worse problems fallacy" whatever. Sometimes I wonder if you guys are from the same world I am from. Any argument that can be made falls into the category of some fallacy or another. The comment stands. As you will notice, it wasn't directed at you Scytale. It was my optimistic praising of Josh's perceive Character and lack of baby seal clubbing.

Have a drink and relax. here...
*Opens beer and hands to Scytale*
Go ahead. Drink it.

I dare you.
I'll drink that beer brother. I didn't mean to attack you, I apologise! I also didn't mean to attack Josh; my wish is that he's open about deadlines the way he sees it.

It probably won't be out for a couple of days. He's most likely pulling that pathetic little stunt he did last time.
"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time." —Tom Cargill

I'm fairly sure they're going to stop, from how he's said certain things. I'm perfectly okay with that. We can wait til the full release. :) Then maybe he'll make a quick minute-long trailer, and that'll be that. It's been a long road full of ups and downs, and I've enjoyed every minute I've been a part of it, but it's high time we reach our destination.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

AbhChallenger wrote:The update videos need to stop. That much is obvious. However, just let him get this one out.
It's not that they need to stop. It's just that he needs to stop making promises he cannot deliver. Things along the lines of "The update video is going to be today" and it not coming out until several weeks later are not good and get us (the community) all riled up. If he actually stuck to his schedule, none of this would be occurring.
"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time." —Tom Cargill

LT update anticipation thread: The Movie. full of suspense, the struggling forum goers wait expectantly on the hype train for the all-mighty josh to descend and deliver the much anticipated development update videos.

with a smashing score by Europe. this movie is fun for the whole family!

Coming SOON (heh) to a cinema near you.

available in 60fps, 3D, VR and as an LTSL mod for viewing in the LT engine.
0/*\0

Long time lurker, first time abyss-delver-
It seems to me that really all that can be done at this point is being done by Josh, and although the community usually are a key motivational component and mechanism of the LT workflow, at this point it seems that they're being done FOR Josh as well.
He posted earlier about feeling developer/personal malaise/exhaustion/off-ness, and I think that all of this has been the unpleasant process of working through that. We should, I think, be hopeful because he realizes that this is a dark catharsis rather than an acceptable M.O., rather than upset because of how he has to arrive at the point where things can improve.

Honestly, I think that this thread should be locked, not to stop conversation but rather to direct conversation elsewhere. The manifest purpose of this thread is to draw attention to something which is currently undergoing a volatile re-configuring, and I don't think it makes sense to stare at the needle in our arm any more than we have to, so to speak.

Many of us have the best intentions, but anticipation (itself a dubious emotion, anyway) and criticism (which tends to take on infinitely new and shaggy-armed forms in the face of personal helplessness) will always perpetuate themselves in an environment where they are the centerpiece of discussion. Heck, even I promised myself that I'd stop looking at this thread, and yet here I am. "The blade itself incites to violence", amirite? Anyway, that's my two-cents. I need to get back to studying for finals.

shrimpyhugs wrote:LT update anticipation thread: The Movie. full of suspense, the struggling forum goers wait expectantly on the hype train for the all-mighty josh to descend and deliver the much anticipated development update videos.

with a smashing score by Europe. this movie is fun for the whole family!

Coming SOON (heh) to a cinema near you.

available in 60fps, 3D, VR and as an LTSL mod for viewing in the LT engine.
Anticipate LT while playing LT, 11/10

Online Now