Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT update anticipation thread

Interesting how different people perceive image quality :squirrel:

I got linked to a Chinese promotion video in HD and what I say was; excessive use of dithering, some blocking, coulor management was off... I have never thought of Vimeo as being that good, and I often get trouble buffering with there videos for some reason.

What is it you don't like with Youtube HD format? I think it looks great when you think about the bandwidth it uses and I also, depending on the video, think it got less artifacts.
There is supposedly tricks on how to upload videos to Youtube so they don't get crunched badly by the codec they uses. Some handling on the uploader side is the thing :shh:

Chip chip

OK so thoughts on Youtube and Vimeo...

You can upload videos to anywhere literally. Its probably not a great idea to be posting across multiple sites or scatter them because you want a constant viewer base. The best way to calculate this viewer base is if you have everything in one place.

When setup right both Vimeo and Youtube have excellent video compression. They are both respectable in their colour management but with that said they certainly are not a replacement for source 1080p Footage :). Vimeo had a problem that videos were loading slower but they have now corrected it with the implementation of HTML 5. (however it is still limited to connection).
Youtube has no doubt the biggest video base and therefore they are the most logical site to post videos to.

Singing Out...Literally

Xefor

Bele wrote:Word of God through IRC is that the coding is done and the recording is about to start. Barring any catastrophes this means we will actually get the update today (depending on time zone)
HEADLINES:

MYSTERY: STUDY SHOWS YOUTUBE HAS HUGE INFLUX OF USERS ON THE LAST DAY OF EACH MONTH

'...interviewed one fan, who said the following: "Yeah, every time I see the date flip to 29 or 30, I just kind of flip out and have youtube up as a permanent tab." My next question was if he was addicted, and he replied in a strangely distant voice, "Maybe, but the last few months have been amazing." He trailed off and looked lost in his thoughts. Any further questions I had fell on deaf ears.'

:ghost: :monkey: :squirrel: :wave:

If josh gets it done today, this will be an awesome birthday present for me!
If tomorrow, then I'm okay with a late one!
An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all. - Oscar Wilde

We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Well, I've successfully recorded but my video is being held hostage!! I've done some nice graphics work this month, but when I switched to Windows things just didn't look quite right. It's a subtle difference but to me it's the difference between gorgeous and pretty. I think there is some kind of gamma issue that I don't have a good grasp on yet at play...anyway, I recorded for the first time in linux. A whopping 26 minutes mind you ( :shock: )...but Windows does not like my AVI file!! :cry: I am currently trying to extract it whatever way I can to break my sweet little video free of the bars of codecs and all that crap.

Cross your fingers please :D

(A new struggle every month! Guaranteed or your money back!! :roll: )
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Online Now