Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: LT update anticipation thread

JoshParnell wrote:
McDuff wrote:In all honesty, does dropping the bitrate down make that much difference to your content?
It does, especially low-contrast regions. I am obviously more sensitive to it than a normal viewer would be, but from my perspective, it is a whole month of work and I do not want it to be seen in a way that looks 'ugly' to me :monkey:

This will be the first time we see LT exactly as Josh intends in a video update instead of after youtube has gotten its grubby hands on the all holy monthly video

Excitement level has multiplied

Thanks a million for the torrent Josh! Now look what you've done:

My usual morning: wakeup -> test "computer, end program" -> grab iPad -> check email -> go to bathroom
Today: wakeup -> grab iPad -> check LT forum -> discover 1min old torrent post -> go to computer -> install torrent client -> start download -> run to bathroom ;)

Odd day already...ah, I forgot: computer, end program?

PS: I'm at 18.5%, uploaded 600mb so far...
...traveling through time at 1 second per earth second...

A big YAY for torrents. Is this potentially the future for monthly dev videos without any potential YouTube compression ETC? ;)

Looking forward to the video.
Also uploading at the maximum my connection allows.(although it's not exactly a lot)

Nice to see a bunch of people offering high speed upload to the torrent! Thanks guys.

simonryan wrote:Woo Hoo, I've broken the wrapper and peeked inside and even in its stuttery, glitchy, partialness it looks awesome!
Oh and for the first time ever I've turned off 'leech' mode on my torrent client and am sending 600kB/s at you all :lol:
you are kind sire :clap:
to all torrenting, please seed as much as you can as will i lol. we all need to come together to get our fix! help the poor bandwith individuals :monkey:
IF YOU AINT OUT OF CONTROL, YOU AINT IN CONTROL!
EVE ONLINE FO LYFE
STAR WARS FOR LYFE

Wanabe wrote:A big YAY for torrents. Is this potentially the future for monthly dev videos without any potential YouTube compression ETC? ;)

Looking forward to the video.
Also uploading at the maximum my connection allows.(although it's not exactly a lot)

Nice to see a bunch of people offering high speed upload to the torrent! Thanks guys.
Probably...I'm so tired of dealing with it!

But I will also look into getting a faster connect (like I said I would do this month :T )

Thanks for seeding guys :) We are at about 25% availability...should still beat YT
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:Thanks for seeding guys :) We are at about 25% availability...should still beat YT
Would you like me, or anybody else upon completion, upload the video to YouTube for those that do not or cannot use torrents?
"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time." —Tom Cargill

Daniel wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:Thanks for seeding guys :) We are at about 25% availability...should still beat YT
Would you like me, or anybody else upon completion, upload the video to YouTube for those that do not or cannot use torrents?
Josh has a parallel upload happening atm to YT.
It sounds like the torrent is beating it however it will get there in the end... (10 hours or so)

Daniel wrote:
He is still uploading to YT in parallel with the torrent.

EDIT: I have been ninja'd, it seems.
Grumblesaur wrote:we're going to need
Kvallning wrote:to get beyond Thunderdome
The Four Word Story Thread|IRC Needs You!|Game FAQ
There is NO PREORDER OR DONATION POSSIBILITY
In Josh we trust.

Online Now