Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Your favorite web-comics!

Dinosawer wrote:
Idunno wrote:You know, after finding something like Clockworks, I really want to read more steampunk. :ghost:
There you go
---
I recently found Commitstrip, a very enjoyable webcomic about being a programmer. :)
I want to recommend Far Out for being original. :shh:

Brace yourselves! :!:

Post spam inbound! :twisted:

Tethered
The story of a hardass survivalist, and a naïve, excitable, medbot. They need each other to survive.

Next Town Over
A nigh-unkillable, fire bending, outlaw with an eye for horses, and 10,000 dollars on his head is being hounded across the country by a mechanically inclined, red-headed, bounty hunter with no space in her vocabulary for the words 'acceptable collateral damage'. :twisted:

Let the ************ next town over deal with it. :ghost:

Red Moon Rising
Adrianna has been evading the Ashul military for eight years after she deserted. And now they've caught up with her. And she's been drafted again. As it turns out, her brother deserted just last week, marking the day by stealing something important on his way out. And they want her to find him. :twisted:

Biowars
If you happen to be a biologist, or an aspiring one, you will need your suspension of disbelief close at hand for this one. On that note, this will be my mental picture of my body for the next three weeks. :shifty: :shh:

The Devil King Is Bored
Very, very, bored. :twisted:

Posts Combined - Seriously, that was just unnecessary - Just_Ice_au
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Cornflakes_91 wrote:you know that you can add more than one link per post?
*Sticks hands in pockets. Walks away whistling innocently.* :shifty:
:arrow:
Think I'm done for the day. :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Dinosawer wrote:Thanks for the recommendations, although I'm not quite sure why you needed to fire them at us one by one :P
It looked cleaner. :ghost:

Idunno wrote:
Dinosawer wrote:Thanks for the recommendations, although I'm not quite sure why you needed to fire them at us one by one :P
It looked cleaner. :ghost:
I think Just_Ice_au disagreed :mrgreen:
Naed wrote:I am quite surprised that Digger hasn't been linked yet.

Have a look if you like a very good and solid story with a wealth of interesting characters and a lovely lively world.

http://diggercomic.com/blog/2007/02/01/wombat1-gnorf/
:thumbup:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

It came up in IRC and I noticed my list of webcomics here is quite outdated.
So...
ARISE THREAD :ghost:

All of these can be found on Comic Rocket, which is also how I manage to keep track of them all.

Abstruse Goose A bit like xkcd. Currently on hiatus
Awkward Zombie A comic about sily things in games
Boxplot, previously Sci-ence, a great science comic
Buttersafe
Calamities of nature Finished
Children of Eldair Fantasy
Chirault Fantasy
Clique Refresh A comic about trying to be an adult and friends you've only ever met online
Cockworks Steampunk
Commitstrip A comic about coding
Cucumber Quest Fantasy
Digger Fantasy. Finished
Everblue Fantasy
Far Out Steampunk, western
Fey Winds Fantasy
FoxTrot A comic about a not that normal family
Fragile Slice-of-life-ish?
Gaia A very good fantasy comic
Girl Genius Steampunk
Grrl Power Superheroes
Gunnerkrigg Court, on Scytale's recommendation. I'm all caught up now (Comic Rocket makes binge reading way too easy :oops: ) and it's very good indeed! :thumbup:
Junior Scientist Power Hour Slice of life comic thingy, humorous exaggerations
Kiwi Blitz A comic about robots, teenagers and mechs in a not that dystopian near future
Let's Speak English A slice-of-life by an American English teacher in Japan. She's also the one who makes Kiwi Blitz and Sleepless Domain
Loading Artist A bit of everything
Mary & Death Calvin & Hobbes-esque, very good
Next Town Over Steampunk, western
Phuzzy Comics Slice of life, currently on hiatus
Piled Higher and Deeper (PhD) a comic about academia
Red Moon Rising Fantasy
Sandra and Woo A rather nice comic about a girl and her pet raccoon
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal needs no introduction, right
Schlock Mercenary sci-fi
Semi co-op Boardgames
Sidekick girl Superheroes
Sleepless Domain Magical girl, but not quite. Still early.
Stranger Danger Slice of life
Sufficiently Remarkable Comic about everyday life of some people, with quite a bit of science
Tenko King A comic set in a Zelda-like world. Still starting up though
Tethered Post-apocalyptic
The Cloud factory On very long hiatus if not dead
The Forgotten Order Fantasy
Two Kinds Fantasy
XKCD If you don't know this...
Zoophobia Fantasy-ish
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

I got turned on recently to Erfworld (which I know was mentioned in this thread a couple of years ago, but still).

I found it hard to get into at first. And I'm just never going to enjoy the kind of character dialog that believes if you make them say something vague yet declarative in an emotional context, it will sound deep and thoughtful.

And yet... eventually it does start to make a sort of sense, and the characters start to become interesting. And the idea that a big pasty guy with not much to his credit in this world could be a strategic genius in a world whose physics are constructed on a complex set of rules of play... well. :)

Plus the references. Oy, the references. I haven't seen a work of fiction this referential since Silverlock.

Erfworld actually is quite good. Once you get into it.

Online Now