Return to “Everything & Anything”

post viewing shortcuts

Not sure where to post this, as it's a suggestion for these boards, not for the game, so I decided on Everything & Anything:

On the main index page of the forum, there is the very useful shortcut line with
View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics
But it's only displayed on the main index page. Now, I'm using especially the "View unread posts" feature extensively, but currently, I have to go via the Main Index Page each time when I made a post or browsed through a multi-page topic. This is a little inconvenient. In another phpBB-forum I am a member of, the shortcut line is displayed on top of each page, thus even when viewing a topic. I then only need to scroll to the top of the page, and one single click brings me to the overview of all unread (or new) posts, or all unanswered topics.

Can this be implemented here as well? I'd be grateful. :) (It could also be at the page bottom, which is where you more likely are after reading or posting something.)
Re: post viewing shortcuts

I'm thinking this must be a styles thing, because I can't find it anywhere in general configuration panels. If anyone is familiar with phpbb and knows how to do what Jason is requesting, please chime in, because I, too would like to see that handy little set of links on all pages!
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

lol i practically live on these forums when im not asleep or at work so the boards index page is enough for me all i have tto do is read the 1 or two new post that have been put up since my last sweep of the forums XD.
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.

Commander McLane wrote:Not sure where to post this, as it's a suggestion for these boards, not for the game, so I decided on Everything & Anything:

On the main index page of the forum, there is the very useful shortcut line with
But it's only displayed on the main index page. Now, I'm using especially the "View unread posts" feature extensively, but currently, I have to go via the Main Index Page each time when I made a post or browsed through a multi-page topic. This is a little inconvenient. In another phpBB-forum I am a member of, the shortcut line is displayed on top of each page, thus even when viewing a topic. I then only need to scroll to the top of the page, and one single click brings me to the overview of all unread (or new) posts, or all unanswered topics.

Can this be implemented here as well? I'd be grateful. :) (It could also be at the page bottom, which is where you more likely are after reading or posting something.)
There is in fact a "First unread post" link at the top of every thread, and icons showing active threads/threads with unread posts when you browse subforums.
FAQ | Kickstarter | IRC | Common Suggestions

Bele wrote:There is in fact a "First unread post" link at the top of every thread, and icons showing active threads/threads with unread posts when you browse subforums.
I know, and I use all of them. But it's not the same as
Believe me, especially the "View unread posts" is an incredibly useful tool, because it combines all those fancy icons showing active threads/threads with unread posts on one handy index page, so no browsing of the subforums is required. For me, it's a time-and-jump saver. But it's rather useless if you first have to spend some time clicking around in order to get to the time-and-jump saver. Kind of defeats the purpose.

I'm going to make some enquiries with some phpBB savvies.

Online Now